Lemon Ginger Sorbet
Nutrients Per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 0.67g
Monounsat Fat: .001g
This recipe is courtesy of Dr. Weil’s True Food Kitchen restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona.
This ice cream alternative will leave you sweet tooth satisfied and your body feeling good!
A True Food Kitchen restaurant exclusive! This healthier, sunny ice cream alternative has a tangy flair from freshly grated ginger and lemon zest that will leave you sweet tooth satisfied, but your body feeling good. Try serving with fresh fruit or mint leaves instead of traditional ice cream toppings.
Food as Medicine
Ginger, the underground rhizome of the ginger plant, has a long history in traditional medicine of relieving gastrointestinal distress. Modern studies have shown it to be especially effective against motion sickness.
1 cup *agave nectar
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2 cups plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate until ice cold.
- Pour into ice cream machine.
- Puree until completely smooth.
Very simple and delicious on a warm summer evening.
* In light of recent research, Dr. Weil no longer recommends agave syrup and suggests substituting an equivalent amount of maple or glucose syrup.