Good Earth Kale Cobb
Yields 1 serving.
(Courtesy of True Food Kitchen restaurants)
This special Good Earth Kale Cobb (from True Food Kitchen restaurants) includes avocado, tomato, asparagus, watermelon radish, garbanzo bean, dried sweet corn, gorgonzola, cashew poblano ranch.
During the month of April, $1 for every Good Earth Kale Cobb* salad sold at True Food Kitchen restaurants will be donated back to the Environmental Working Group, who publishes the Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 lists yearly, both of which True Food follows to provide guests with the best-sourced produce.
(*Cobb For A Cause valid only during April 1-31, 2019. See restaurant for details.)
1 ½ ounces shredded organic tuscan kale
1 ½ ounces romaine lettuce (1” pieces)
¼ cup Cashew Poblano Ranch (recipe here)
1 tablespoon dried sweet corn
2 ounces grilled asparagus, 2-3” bias (see below for directions)
2 tablespoon Gorgonzola cheese
4 each cherry tomatoes (halved)
2 tablespoon garbanzo beans (rinsed)
2 tablespoon pickled watermelon radish (see below for directions)
¼ each avocado
1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the organic tuscan kale, romaine & Cashew Poblano Ranch dressing.
- Toss until well combined. Place greens mixture in a large chilled bowl.
- In clockwise order, add the dried corn, grilled asparagus, Gorgonzola, tomatoes, garbanzo beans & pickled watermelon radish.
- Place avocado in center of salad and sprinkle with hemp seeds.
(Yields 1 portion)
2 ounces Asparagus
1 drizzle Grapeseed Oil
1 pinch Kosher Salt
4 turns Fresh Black Pepper
- Toss asparagus with oil, salt & black pepper.
- Grill over high heat until lightly charred.
- Remove from heat and cool until ready to use.
Pickled Watermelon Radish
(Yields 1 cup)
¼ cup maple syrup
¾ cup rice wine vinegar
1 cup watermelon radish (peeled & julienned)
- Combine and mix maple syrup and rice wine vinegar.
- Add watermelon radish and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate radish in liquid until use.