Autumn Ingredient Salad
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per serving:
Saturated Fat: 4g
Monosat Fat: 21g
Vitamin A IU: 6,605
Vitamin C: 169mg
This colorful vegetable salad celebrates fall’s vibrant flavors and provides steady energy. Make this ahead; it tastes even better after the flavors meld overnight.
This colorful vegetable salad celebrates fall’s vibrant flavors, and provides steady energy for cool-weather work and play. Brussels sprouts, butternut squash and cauliflower – oven-roasted to bring out their sweetness – are complemented by a zesty dressing featuring horseradish, garlic and chili flakes. It’s guaranteed to help warm you up! Make it ahead; it tastes even better after the flavors meld overnight in the refrigerator. A True Food Kitchen exclusive!
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups butternut squash slices
3 cups Brussels sprouts halved
2 cups canellinni beans (cooked and drained)
3 tablespoons dry pomagranate seeds
3 tablespoons dry mulberries
3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons minced scallions
1 pinch chili flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the dressing:
- Combine all ingredient except the olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking, set aside.
For the salad:
- Toss the cauliflower in a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper and spread evenly on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Roast the cauliflower under the broiler until well caramelized and softened, about 10 minutes.
- Roast the squash and Brussels sprouts using the same technique as the cauliflower.
- Allow the vegetables to cool to room temperature, then combine them in a large bowl with the beans and dried fruits
- Toss in the dressing to evenly coat everything.
Salad will keep marinated for up to two days in the fridge.