Being on a budget doesn’t have to mean giving up Thanksgiving traditions. There are simple ways to help cut the costs of holiday dinners. Read on – your wallet and your health will thank you!
- Focus on vegetables. They are filling, nutritious and cost less than meat. Tomorrow’s Tip offers ideas for serving a vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner – read it for some delicious vegetable-based meal ideas.
- Make it a potluck. If you are having family and friends over, assign each to bring an item. It will help keep your costs – and stress levels – manageable.
- Make your own dessert. You can make pies a few days ahead of time and freeze or refrigerate them, eliminating the need for a more expensive store-bought version.
- Use your leftovers. Turkey soup, potato pancakes, casseroles that combine some of the side dishes, cranberry sauce on whole grain toast for breakfast – there are plenty of ways to use traditional Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Calculate how much food you really need. The more food you make, the more it costs. If you aren’t a fan of leftovers, consider making just enough food to feed the number of people who will be eating.
- Clip coupons. Whether from your local paper or a website, there’s no downside to the cost-savings coupons offer. Many stores offer double or triple the value around the holidays, so do some homework and take advantage!
Don’t miss tomorrow’s Tip when we cover ways to make your Thanksgiving dinner vegetarian-friendly!
Everyone's dietary needs are different based on a number of factors including lifestyle, diet, medications and more. To find out what vitamins you need, take the Weil Vitamin Advisor. This 3-step questionnaire requires just minutes to complete, and generates a free, no-obligation vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendation that is personalized to meet your unique nutritional needs.
Eating Healthy Made Delicious!
The menu options available at Dr. Weil on Healthy Aging offer both great taste and sound nutrition, for a well-rounded diet. You can access over 300 recipes, find healthy eating guides and an exclusive version of Dr. Weil’s Anti-Inflammatory Food Pyramid. Start your 14-day free trial today and save 30% when you become a member.
Try This Simple Trick To Make Your Garlic Healthier!
Are You At Risk For Shingles? Learn More 9/29/2016
Want To Help Prevent Head Lice This School Year? 9/28/2016
Can An Ayurvedic Herb Help Prevent Memory Loss? 9/27/2016
4 Easy-To-Accomplish Suggestions For Staying Healthy At Any Age 9/26/2016
|Click here to subscribe.|