There is more than inflamed gums or tooth decay at stake if you fail to brush and floss. Research suggests that the bacteria that cause gum infections can also lead to or worsen atherosclerosis, the arterial disease that contributes to heart attacks and strokes. Start practicing these good oral habits if you don’t already:
- Use dental floss at least once a day (such as immediately after you brush in the morning or evening). I suggest using unwaxed dental floss if possible. Get it under the gum line to scrape the tooth surface. If you have the opportunity, ask a dental hygienist to teach you how to floss effectively.
- Whenever you have a chance, wash your hands and massage your gums with your fingertips. You can also stimulate your gums by running the end of a round wooden toothpick under the gum line.
- If your gums are sore, mix hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to a paste and work this mixture into and under your gums with a toothbrush. Leave the mixture on for a few minutes, then rinse.
- Use a goldenseal mouth rinse.
- Have your teeth and gums cleaned by a dental hygienist twice a year, and get treatment for any signs of infection that are discovered.
You may also consider toothbrushes incorporating ultrasound – they have been clinically shown to treat gingivitis more effectively than regular toothbrushes. Ask your dentist about them.
Everyone's dietary needs are different based on a number of factors including lifestyle, diet, medications and more. To find out what vitamins you need, take the Weil Vitamin Advisor. This 3-step questionnaire requires just minutes to complete, and generates a free, no-obligation vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendation that is personalized to meet your unique nutritional needs.
Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally
RESPeRATE is the first medical device clinically proven to lower blood pressure with no side effects. This revolutionary device harnesses the power of breathing to lower blood pressure naturally. Featured in Mayo Clinic’s "On High Blood Pressure," doctor recommended.
Do You Know Why You Need Vitamin K? Find Out!
Good News For Chocolate Lovers: Dark Chocolate Can Be Healthful! 08/29/2016
Are Mud Baths Safe Or Unhealthy? 08/28/2016
Does Your Pantry Hold The Keys To A Naturally Clean Home? 08/27/2016
Want To Increase Your Stamina? This Exercise Can Help! 8/24/2016
|Click here to subscribe.|