6 Healthy Snack Ideas To Help Tide You Over
Healthy snacking doesn’t mean depriving your taste buds. It does mean fueling your body in a way that sustains you and doesn’t leave you wanting more. These palate-pleasing snack ideas are healthful and delicious:
- Seasonal fruit with organic whole milk or plain yogurt and freshly ground flaxseed or nuts.
- Whole-grain, high fiber crackers with cheese or smoked salmon.
- A small handful of raw or lightly toasted nuts or a spoonful of unsweetened nut or seed butter.
- Cucumber or carrot slices and hummus.
- A hardboiled egg (look for omega-3-enriched eggs for added nutritional value) sprinkled with smoked paprika.
- Fresh vegetables with organic plain yogurt – add fresh herbs and seasonings for more flavor.
Today’s Health Topics
Ask Dr. Weil's Q&A