If you are planning on attending a New Year’s celebration, you may want to take a few precautions to lessen your chances of starting the New Year with an alcohol-related hangover. The surefire way to keep a clear head is not to drink at all and to be the designated driver for your friends who do drink. Alcohol is a strong toxin to both the liver and the nervous system, and it irritates the upper digestive tract and urinary system as well. If you do drink, remember:
- Moderation is the best way to avoid hangovers – make sure to pace yourself.
- Eat food if you have more than a drink or two.
- Avoid dehydration (and cut down on alcohol intake) by drinking as much water as possible while you’re drinking alcohol.
- Take a B-complex vitamin supplement plus extra thiamine (100 mg) to counter the B-vitamin depletion caused by alcohol.
- Choose beverages that are "cleaner." Some distilled beverages are rich in types of alcohol called congeners – toxic impurities that can greatly add to your woes. Bourbon, rum and cognac are particularly dirty, while vodka, which is alcohol and water with just trace amounts of impurities, is the cleanest.
Everyone's dietary needs are different based on a number of factors including lifestyle, diet, medications and more. To find out what vitamins you need, take the Weil Vitamin Advisor. This 3-step questionnaire requires just minutes to complete, and generates a free, no-obligation vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendation that is personalized to meet your unique nutritional needs.
Happy New Year from Origins
Give your skin a treat this New Year with Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins™ best-selling skincare. Enjoy FREE shipping on any Origins order. Enter code SHIP4FREE at checkout. Valid through 1/10/13.
Lima Beans: A Healthy Food To Start Eating Now!
Want To Improve Your Well-Being? Try These Steps 10/27/2016
A Natural Way To Address Dry, Chapped Lips 10/26/2016
Want A Healthy Heart? Avoid This One Food 10/24/2016
Want A Cheap Way To Keep Your Body Healthy? Eat These
|Click here to subscribe.|