7 Supplements For Healthy Lungs
The ability to breathe properly is fundamental to good health. Don’t take the health of your respiratory system for granted, even if you are not a smoker/vaper – consider these supplements, which can help to promote lung health:
- Vitamin C. This water-soluble vitamin can provide additional protection against the oxidative effects of air pollution and smoke.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10).This powerful antioxidant can improve the use of oxygen at the cellular level. With evidence to show its support for heart muscle function, CoQ10 can help with oxygenation at all levels.
- Cordyceps and reishi mushrooms. These Chinese medicinal mushrooms may be useful in promoting optimal respiratory efficiency and protecting against chronic lung disease. There seems to be an immune supporting effect as well.
- B vitamins. Especially B6, may help protect against lung cancer by supporting immune function.
- Vitamin D. This fat-soluble pro-hormone may help prevent the cellular changes that promote lung cancer. Keeping levels in the normal range also continue to show benefits in the face viral infection by supporting the immune system and keep inflammation down.
- Mullein. The flowers and leaves of this Mediterranean native can help relieve dry, bronchial coughs and help alleviate chest congestion.
- Zhu ling (Polyporus umbellatus). This mushroom may be particularly useful in protecting against lung cancer. Research suggests it may help stimulate the body’s immune response against lung tumors.
Today’s Health Topics
Ask Dr. Weil's Q&A
|Visit Our Updated Origins Shop Experience!|
|Dr. Weil believes inflammation is the root cause of visible skin concerns like irritation. He also believes mushrooms have the power to fight irritation. That's why he partnered with Origins to create these Mega-Mushroom Formulas.|