MY OPTIMUM HEALTH PLAN FROM ANDREW WEIL, M.D., OFFERS EIGHT-WEEK PROGRAM FOR OPTIMUM HEALTH
PHOENIX (April 01, 2008) -- The Internet teems with Web sites and products offering quick - sometimes, overnight - health improvement. But optimum health, like all good things, takes time. For sensible people who want a workable plan, Andrew Weil, M.D., has created the My Optimum Health Plan subscription Web site. It gives users a customized, eight-week plan of incremental lifestyle and dietary changes that can lead to lifelong healthy living.
"Individuals may subscribe to the eight-week optimum health program for any number of good reasons - to feel better, to get more energy or to lose weight, for instance - but its ultimate purpose is to reduce risks of premature illness and death by enhancing the performance of the body's healing system," said Dr. Weil. "By making My Optimum Health Plan part of one's life, they can increase the likelihood that they will be well prepared to face life's challenges, physically, mentally and spiritually."
Dr. Weil is an internationally recognized physician and expert on mind-body therapies, nutrition, medical botany and integrative medicine. He is the author of 10 books that have collectively sold more than 10 million copies. The My Optimum Health Plan Web site is based on Dr. Weil's international bestseller, 8 Weeks to Optimum Health: A Proven Program for Taking Full Advantage of Your Body's Natural Healing Power, and the site is revamped to reflect the latest editions of the book.
My Optimum Health Plan offers exclusive, interactive tools and resources, including these and others:
- My Nutrition Tool: Use the Interactive Meal Planner Tool to plan your optimum diet. You can select from three different meal tracks: basic; diabetic; or high blood pressure. There's also a Shopping List Generator, and a way to track your favorite meals and recipes in your personal online cookbook. Plus, there are hundreds of recipes geared to your personal preferences, health conditions and food allergies.
- My Discussions: Exchange advice and support in the lively member forum.
- My Journal: Track progress, identify strengths and weaknesses and find balance by journaling your experiences, which you can share with others or keep private.
- Interactive Weight Tracker: The Weight Tracker is a simple way to monitor weight changes achieved during the Plan.
- Weekly Videos: View eight exclusive videos from the doctor himself covering everything from finding pure water to making positive lifestyle changes.
- Weekly and Daily Emails: A weekly checklist of optimum health reminders to keep you on track with inspiration and encouragement, and suggestions on utilizing the Plan's interactive tools. And an option for a healthy recipe delivered daily.
Tools can be used to assist users, week by week, as they follow "My Plan":
- Week 1: Learn how to clean up your kitchen in regard to stocking the pantry and grocery shopping; get the optimum diet basics; and start your exercise regime.
- Week 2: Learn how to purify your drinking water; get tips on adding grains, teas and other healthy foods to your diet; and learn how a "news fast" can lift your spirit.
- Week 3: Get a list of fruits and vegetables that may pose pesticide health hazards; learn about vitamins and supplements; and focus on friends and family as a source of optimum spiritual and mental health.
- Week 4: Understand sleep and how to achieve better sleep habits.
- Week 5: Learn why sweating is a healthy thing; try a fruit fast and incorporate ginger into your diet; and beautify your home.
- Week 6: Improve your mental and spiritual health; learn why appreciating art is important; begin using tonic herbs; and take your fitness routine to the next level.
- Week 7: Get connected to loved ones and to your community; get a better understanding of the value of volunteer work; start adding more soy to your diet; take another step closer to your optimum fitness plan; and connect with people from your past.
- Week 8: Fine-tune the changes you have made, and prepare for the future.
"My Optimum Health Plan focuses on the understanding and acceptance of the responsibility each person has for their own health," said Dr. Weil. "It is about creating a balance between your physical health, mental health and spiritual health, in order to achieve optimum health."
To sign up, or take a free site tour, go to www.MyOptimumHealthPlan.com.
About DrWeil.com and Weil Lifestyle
Weil Lifestyle, LLC, provides the public with information, products and services that enhance health and well-being, and helps individuals achieve a lifestyle guided by the philosophies of integrative medicine. The organization was founded to provide a funding platform to support the Weil Foundation, a non-profit organization that develops research and educational programs that support integrative medicine, improve health care and empower individuals to make better health choices. Headquartered in Phoenix, Weil Lifestyle is the owner of the Web sites, www.DrWeil.com, www.MyOptimumHealthPlan.com, and www.HealthyAging.com, and is the exclusive worldwide licensor of distinctive products and services that are developed, reviewed and approved by Dr. Andrew Weil.
DrWeil.com, created by Weil Lifestyle, is a free, all-inclusive consumer resource for healthy living information guided by the principles of integrative medicine. The site is comprised of first-generation content developed or supported by Dr. Weil, and is a leading resource for education, information, products and services that address consumers' health and well-being. Since 2000, the Web site has helped millions of consumers and health professionals stay abreast of news and information in the field. Its servers log more than 8 million page views and deliver more than 14 million free opt-in e-bulletins each month.