6 Simple Steps To More Youthful Looking Eyes
If the appearance of your eyes is bothering you, don’t resort to invasive procedures. Instead try these simple steps:
- Wear sunscreen. Ultraviolet rays can weaken collagen, causing premature wrinkling and sagging. Find something with at least 15 spf, and specifically formulated to be gentle for facial skin.
- Invest in quality sunglasses. Look for ones that block out both UVA and UVB rays and wear at all times when the sun is out.
- Don’t smoke. It affects the blood supply that keeps skin tissue looking healthy and supple.
- Use a moisturizer for hydration.
- Consider a vitamin A cream, which can help prevent wrinkles and minimize ones you already have.
- Cool down inflammation around your eyes. Puffy eyes can be addressed with cucumber slices, cold spoons or chilled teabags. Implementing my Anti-Inflammatory Diet will help calm things from the inside out, as well.
Today’s Health Topics
Ask Dr. Weil's Q&A