Weil Lifestyle, LLC, an organization founded by Andrew Weil, M.D., is the leading resource for education, information, products, services and philanthropic contributions based on the principles of integrative medicine. Combining a Harvard education and a lifetime of practicing natural health and preventive medicine, Dr. Weil provides an innovative approach to health care that encompasses body, mind, and spirit.
Dr. Weil donates all of his after-tax profits from the sale of Weil Lifestyle natural health products to the Weil Foundation. The Weil Foundation, an independent 501(c)(3), is dedicated to sustaining the vision of integrative medicine by improving the training of health care professionals; educating the public about health, healing, and nutrition; reforming public policies governing health care; and researching the application of integrative medicine.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz., Weil Lifestyle is the exclusive worldwide licensor of distinctive natural health products and services selected and designed by Dr. Weil. The mission of Weil Lifestyle is to provide consumers with a range of best-in-class products and services to enhance their health and well-being and help them live a lifestyle guided by an integrative medicine philosophy.
Weil Lifestyle exclusively markets a line of natural health products and services through Dr.Weil.com and in retail locations across the U.S. including:
- DrWeil.com - DrWeil.com is the leading online resource for healthy living based on an integrative medicine philosophy. For the last seven years, DrWeil.com has helped millions of consumers and health professionals stay abreast of news and information in the field though the site, as well as e-mailed Daily Tips and Weekly Bulletin health updates. DrWeil.com logs more than fifteen million page views and delivers over 14 million opt-in e-bulletins each month. Dr. Weil serves as editorial director for the site, overseeing its direction and content.
- Dr. Weil's Vitamin Advisor® - This online service provides consumers with vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendations prioritized according to the individual's health concerns and based upon their age, gender, medical history, diet, and lifestyle. Products are based upon Dr. Weil's recommendations and come in personalized Vitamin Advisor® Complete Program Daily Dose Packets.
- Dr. Weil on Healthy Aging - Based on the insights in Dr. Weil's bestseller Healthy Aging, DrWeilonHealthyAging.com is an interactive, dynamic online information source that can help anyone who wants to successfully negotiate the process of growing older.
- Dr. Weil's Optimum Health Plan - Based on Dr. Weil's best-selling book 8 Weeks to Optimum Health, Dr. Weil's Optimum Health Plan is a customized, interactive online program designed to help individuals incorporate Dr. Weil's philosophy into all aspects of their life - body, mind, and spirit.
- Dr. Weil's Vitamins, Minerals, and Supplement Formulas - Dr. Weil's exclusive Antioxidant and Multivitamin Formula and Condition-Specific Select Formulas have been designed, selected, and approved by Dr. Weil using evidence-based science research. All contain the highest quality ingredients, and are designed to be readily absorbed.
Licensees of Weil Lifestyle include the following (see the full list of partners here):
- Origins Natural Resources
Since October 2005, Origins Natural Resources, one of The Estée Lauder Companies, has worked side-by-side with Dr. Weil to develop a collection of proactive, proprietary skincare treatments that reflect Dr. Weil’s approach to wellness. The line features an integrative blend of traditional, therapeutic plants and herbs combined with wellness and lifestyle techniques to optimize skin health – inside and out. Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins™ addresses key skincare issues, including skin inflammation, which is increasingly recognized as a major cause of compromised skin health and contributor to age-related changes in skin. Whether you need to sleep well, reduce your skin’s stress or boost your natural defenses against the challenges of time, Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins™ will help improve your body, mind and spirit. Origins is available in more than 400 department and specialty stores in the United States, 14 key global markets including the UK, Japan and China, as well as in over 90 of its own free-standing retail stores.
- Vital Choice Wild Seafood and Organics
Vital Choice offers sustainably harvested wild Alaska salmon and other natural and organic foods. The Weil for Vital Choice Salmon Sausage products are recommended by Dr. Weil for their superior quality and health benefits. The founders of Vital Choice have decades of first hand experience as Alaska fishermen, and take great pride in sourcing the world’s finest wild seafood on behalf of their customers. The Weil for Vital Choice line is available exclusively online.
About Andrew Weil, M.D.
Andrew Weil was born in Philadelphia in 1942, received an A.B. degree in biology (botany) from Harvard in 1964 and an M.D. from Harvard Medical School in 1968. After completing a medical internship at Mt. Zion Hospital in San Francisco, he worked a year with the National Institute of Mental Health, then wrote his first book, The Natural Mind. From 1971-75, as a Fellow of the Institute of Current World Affairs, Dr. Weil traveled widely in North and South America and Africa collecting information on drug use in other cultures, medicinal plants, and alternative methods of treating disease. From 1971-84 he was on the research staff of the Harvard Botanical Museum and conducted investigations of medicinal and psychoactive plants.
At present Dr. Weil is Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona, where he also holds the Lovell-Jones Endowed Chair in Integrative Rheumatology and is Clinical Professor of Medicine and Professor of Public Health. The Center is the leading effort in the world to develop a comprehensive curriculum in integrative medicine. Graduates serve as directors of integrative medicine programs throughout the United States, and through its Fellowship, the Center is now training doctors and nurse practitioners around the world.
Online, he is the editorial director of drweil.com, the leading web resource for healthy living based on the philosophy of integrative medicine. He can be found on Facebook at facebook.com/DrWeil, Twitter at twitter.com/DrWeil, and Dr. Weil's Daily Health Tips blog at drweilblog.com.
Dr. Weil is the founder and Chairman of the Weil Foundation, and the Chairman of Weil Lifestyle. He is also a founder and co-owner of the growing group of True Food Kitchen restaurants. Dr. Weil writes a monthly column for Prevention magazine. A frequent lecturer and guest on talk shows, Dr. Weil is an internationally recognized expert on medicinal plants, alternative medicine, and the reform of medical education. He lives in Tucson, Arizona, USA.
Andrew Weil is the author of many scientific and popular articles and of 13 books: The Natural Mind; The Marriage of the Sun and Moon; From Chocolate to Morphine (with Winifred Rosen); Health and Healing; Natural Health, Natural Medicine; and the international bestsellers, Spontaneous Healing and 8 Weeks to Optimum Health. Recent books are Eating Well for Optimum Health: The Essential Guide to Food, Diet, and Nutrition;The Healthy Kitchen: Recipes for a Better Body, Life, and Spirit (with Rosie Daley); Healthy Aging: A Lifelong Guide to Your Well-Being,and Why Our Health Matters: A Vision of Medicine That Can Transform Our Future (issued in paperback (with new content) as You Can’t Afford to Get Sick). Spontaneous Happiness was published in 2011, and his latest book, True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure (with Sam Fox and Michael Stebner) in October 2012. Oxford University Press is currently producing the Weil Integrative Medicine Library, a series of volumes for clinicians in various medical specialties; the first of these, Integrative Oncology (co-edited with Dr. Donald Abrams) appeared in 2009. Since then, Integrative Psychiatry, Integrative Pediatrics, Integrative Women’s Health, Integrative Rheumatology,Integrative Cardiology, and Integrative Gastroenterology have been published.
About the Weil Foundation
Andrew Weil, M.D., donates all of his after-tax profits from royalties from sales of Weil Lifestyle, LLC products directly to the Weil Foundation, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting integrative medicine through training, education, and research. www.weilfoundation.org