Body Odor Bugging You? Try These 5 Natural Suggestions
- Splash rubbing alcohol under your arms to reduce bacteria.
- Eliminate caffeine. Stimulant drugs, like caffeine, contribute to body odor by increasing the activity of apocrine sweat glands, special glands in hairy parts of the body that produce strong-smelling, musky secretions. Try eliminating caffeine if body odor continues to be a problem.
- Most commercial underarm products contain irritating or harmful ingredients, including aluminum salts and dyes. Avoid the antiperspirant varieties – you can find better deodorant-only products in health food stores, such as those containing extracts of green tea, which is antibacterial.
- If you buy “natural crystals,” make sure they do not contain aluminum in any form.
- Increase your intake of probiotic or healthy bacteria via fermented foods such as plain yogurt or kefir, or through supplementation. You can also open a capsule of probiotic and use the powder topically in the underarm every evening to promote a healthier bacterial balance.
Today’s Health Topics
Related Weil Products
Everyone's dietary needs are different based on a number of factors including lifestyle, diet, medications and more. To find out what vitamins you need, take the Weil Vitamin Advisor. This 3-step questionnaire requires just minutes to complete, and generates a free, no-obligation vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendation that is personalized to meet your unique nutritional needs.Get Started