6 Natural Supplements For When Stress Gets The Best Of You
This tip is courtesy of the Weil Vitamin Advisor – visit today for your complimentary personalized recommendation.
If you want to reduce unhealthy stress, start by identifying the problems and situations that create stress, then learn to manage them by practicing general techniques of stress protection, such as breathing exercises. As for supplements, consider the following:
- B-complex. B vitamins can help balance mood, calm the nervous system, and increase the efficacy of certain prescription antidepressants.
- Omega-3 (fish oil) supplement from molecularly distilled fish oil. A deficiency in omega-3 fatty acids has been associated with increased anxiety and depression.
- Valerian (Valeriana officinalis). An extract from the root of this flowering perennial contains essential oils that have been shown to help some people more effectively deal with stress.
- Calcium and magnesium. Both are involved in many key physiological processes and may help support healthy sleep, as well as muscle relaxation.
- St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum). Extracts of this flowering herb, indigenous to Europe, may help boost mood and maintain a healthy emotional outlook. Note that you may need to take this for four to six weeks before judging its effectiveness.
- L-theanine. This extract of tea can help promote a sense of calm and relaxation without sedation. This is a clean supplement in that you can use it on days that are more stressful only and has a relatively quick onset of action.
The Weil Vitamin Advisor has more information on these supplements – including a Stress and Mood Support formula. Get your free recommendation and see if they are suggested for you.