If you are having trouble sleeping, you aren’t alone – about one-third of the adult population worldwide experiences insomnia at least occasionally. And for most of us, the quality of our sleep will decrease at some point in our lives. While different types of insomnia have different causes, most people can find relief through the following, regardless of the source of their sleeplessness:
- Establish a consistent bedtime routine, and try to go to bed at the same time every night.
- Get plenty of exercise during the day. The more energy you expend during the day, the sleepier you will feel at bedtime.
- Reduce or eliminate your intake of caffeine, stimulants and alcohol. Even when consumed early in the day, these can affect sleep.
- Avoid large meals late in the evening.
- Learn and practice a relaxation technique regularly: Breathing exercises, meditation and yoga are good examples.
- Don’t obsess about not sleeping. Occasional sleeplessness is part of every life, and does not represent a hazard to health.
Everyone's dietary needs are different based on a number of factors including lifestyle, diet, medications and more. To find out what vitamins you need, take the Weil Vitamin Advisor. This 3-step questionnaire requires just minutes to complete, and generates a free, no-obligation vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendation that is personalized to meet your unique nutritional needs.
Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally
RESPeRATE™ is the first medical device clinically proven to lower blood pressure with no side effects. This revolutionary device harnesses the power of breathing to lower blood pressure naturally. Featured in Mayo Clinic’s "On High Blood Pressure," Doctor Recommended.