It’s easy to bring Asian flavors home these days. Grocery stores carry a wide variety of products that can enhance some of the dishes you already enjoy. Here are just a few:
- Soy sauce – Look for a natural soy sauce, such as tamari. Use in place of Worcestershire sauce, or drizzle on top of steamed vegetables. Keeps indefinitely.
- Mirin – A sweet, low-alcohol rice wine that adds an aromatic flavor to many dishes. Use in place of sherry for cooking. Keeps well, even unrefrigerated.
- Rice vinegar – Milder than Western-style vinegars, rice vinegar is comparable to apple cider vinegar. Mix one part rice vinegar, one part soy sauce, and honey to taste for a unique salad or noodle dressing.
- Wasabi – This is a fiery root-herb that resembles horseradish, although it is not related to it. Available in either powder or paste form, use it sparingly – it packs a punch. Add to sauces, marinades or dressings in place of mustard, or mix into mashed potatoes. Refrigerate, well-sealed, after opening.
- Miso paste – Made from soybeans. Look for organic, brown-rice or light yellow miso for use in making miso soup (1 tablespoon paste to 1 cup boiling water) or in marinades for seafood. Refrigerate after opening. Keeps for long periods.
Everyone's dietary needs are different based on a number of factors including lifestyle, diet, medications and more. To find out what vitamins you need, take the Weil Vitamin Advisor. This 3-step questionnaire requires just minutes to complete, and generates a free, no-obligation vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendation that is personalized to meet your unique nutritional needs.
New! Fall shoes that offer style and support – Recommended by Dr. Weil
Dr. Weil recommends footwear and insoles incorporating Orthaheel technology, a science-based orthotic that can help relieve common foot, ankle and knee pain. Orthaheel’s podiatrist-designed shoes provide natural support and comfort without compromising style. Visit Orthaheelusa.com today to see our NEW line of casual shoes for Fall.
Are Mud Baths Safe Or Unhealthy?
Does Your Pantry Hold The Keys To A Naturally Clean Home? 08/27/2016
Want To Increase Your Stamina? This Exercise Can Help! 8/24/2016
4 Ways To Minimize Inflammation, From Foods To Fats 08/16/2016
Is There Such A Thing As A Safe Facelift? 08/25/2016
|Click here to subscribe.|