It’s easy to bring Asian flavors home these days. Grocery stores carry a wide variety of products that can enhance some of the dishes you already enjoy. Here are just a few:
- Soy sauce – Look for a natural soy sauce, such as tamari. Use in place of Worcestershire sauce, or drizzle on top of steamed vegetables. Keeps indefinitely.
- Mirin – A sweet, low-alcohol rice wine that adds an aromatic flavor to many dishes. Use in place of sherry for cooking. Keeps well, even unrefrigerated.
- Rice vinegar – Milder than Western-style vinegars, rice vinegar is comparable to apple cider vinegar. Mix one part rice vinegar, one part soy sauce, and honey to taste for a unique salad or noodle dressing.
- Wasabi – This is a fiery root-herb that resembles horseradish, although it is not related to it. Available in either powder or paste form, use it sparingly – it packs a punch. Add to sauces, marinades or dressings in place of mustard, or mix into mashed potatoes. Refrigerate, well-sealed, after opening.
- Miso paste – Made from soybeans. Look for organic, brown-rice or light yellow miso for use in making miso soup (1 tablespoon paste to 1 cup boiling water) or in marinades for seafood. Refrigerate after opening. Keeps for long periods.
Everyone's dietary needs are different based on a number of factors including lifestyle, diet, medications and more. To find out what vitamins you need, take the Weil Vitamin Advisor. This 3-step questionnaire requires just minutes to complete, and generates a free, no-obligation vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendation that is personalized to meet your unique nutritional needs.
New! Fall shoes that offer style and support – Recommended by Dr. Weil
Dr. Weil recommends footwear and insoles incorporating Orthaheel technology, a science-based orthotic that can help relieve common foot, ankle and knee pain. Orthaheel’s podiatrist-designed shoes provide natural support and comfort without compromising style. Visit Orthaheelusa.com today to see our NEW line of casual shoes for Fall.
A Natural Way To Address Dry, Chapped Lips
Want A Healthy Heart? Avoid This One Food 10/24/2016
Want A Cheap Way To Keep Your Body Healthy? Eat These
Feeling Anxious? Consider Trying Reflexology 10/23/2016
Does Cinnamon Have Health Benefits For Diabetics? 10/22/2016
|Click here to subscribe.|