Whole foods rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and biotin may help promote a healthy scalp and hair. Add these foods to your grocery cart – think of them as ingredients in a healthy hair recipe!
- Dark leafy greens. Kale, Swiss chard, spinach and other dark leafy greens are good sources of vitamins A and C, which the body needs to produce the oily substance sebum, a natural conditioner for your hair.
- Salmon. Omega-3 fatty acids, of which salmon is an excellent source, are important to a healthy scalp. Salmon (choose wild Alaskan salmon) is also a good source of protein. If you don’t like the taste of fish, try a high-quality fish oil supplement.
- Beans and legumes. They are a good source of protein which helps promote hair growth, as well as iron, biotin and zinc. (Biotin deficiencies can occasionally result in brittle hair.)
- Nuts. Specific varieties of nuts contain vitamins and minerals that can help promote the health of your scalp. Brazil nuts are a good source of selenium (limit yourself to no more than two nuts per day). Walnuts provide the omega-3 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, which may help condition your hair, as well as zinc, which can minimize hair shredding. Cashews, almonds and pecans are other hair-healthy choices. Aim for raw varieties as often as you can.
- Eggs. A good source of protein, which helps prevent dry, weak and brittle hair. Choose organic, omega-3 fortified eggs from cage-free hens.
Everyone's dietary needs are different based on a number of factors including lifestyle, diet, medications and more. To find out what vitamins you need, take the Weil Vitamin Advisor. This 3-step questionnaire requires just minutes to complete, and generates a free, no-obligation vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendation that is personalized to meet your unique nutritional needs.
Wake Up to Soothed Skin
Everyday pollution, UV, weather, diet and stress can make even the best skin act sensitive. Now, Dr. Andrew Weil has fortified his potent Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom serum with antioxidant-rich sea buckthorn plus a proprietary blend of mushrooms renowned in traditional Chinese medicine to soothe skin. Use faithfully to reveal a healthier, more radiant appearance. Shop Origins.com & get FREE 2nd day shipping, enter code DAILYTIP at checkout.
Want To Manage Unhealthy Stress? Try This!
Try This Simple Trick To Make Your Garlic Healthier! 9/30/2016
Are You At Risk For Shingles? Learn More 9/29/2016
Want To Help Prevent Head Lice This School Year? 9/28/2016
Can An Ayurvedic Herb Help Prevent Memory Loss? 9/27/2016
|Click here to subscribe.|