Want to promote healthy skin and proper digestion? Interested in a natural detoxifier? Water is a basic necessity. The body is more than two-thirds water, and keeping it hydrated is vital. Some reasons to sip H2O include:
- Healthy blood and bones. Your blood is over 80 percent water and your bones are over 50 percent water. Proper hydration is required to optimize creation of new blood and bone cells.
- Toxin elimination. Skip the fancy (and costly) detox plans. Plain water naturally helps remove toxins through the lymphatic system, intestines and kidneys.
- Lubricated joints. Water helps protect against wear and tear and can even help reduce joint pain.
- Proper digestion. Water helps prevent constipation by adding bulk to stools and fluid to the colon.
- Alertness. Even minor dehydration can lead to headaches, irritability, impaired concentration and fatigue. The human brain is 85 percent water; keeping it hydrated is essential for proper functioning.
- Healthy skin. Water hydrates from the inside out, helping to maintain elasticity of the skin.
The standard recommendation is to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses a day. I don’t believe there is solid evidence that such a high volume is essential for everyone; however, do drink throughout the day – this is easier if you keep a large glass or glass water bottle handy at all times. I have always recommended drinking high-quality water from a trustworthy source, or, if possible, getting a water-purification system for your home. If you are trying to wean yourself from soda, consider switching it out for sparkling water with a lime as a refreshing, healthful alternative. Learn more about quality drinking water.
Everyone's dietary needs are different based on a number of factors including lifestyle, diet, medications and more. To find out what vitamins you need, take the Weil Vitamin Advisor. This 3-step questionnaire requires just minutes to complete, and generates a free, no-obligation vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendation that is personalized to meet your unique nutritional needs.
Vital Choice Wild Seafood & Organics
Vital Choice‘s wild Alaskan salmon is recommended by Dr. Weil because of its rich nutritional content and exceptional taste. As the leading source for fast home delivery of the world’s finest wild seafood, whole-food supplements, and fine organic fare, Vital Choice is committed to serving the best. Quality foods that are the purest available and always sustainably harvested. Shop Vital Choice now – and sign up for Vital Choices, our free e-newsletter with up-to-the-minute health news, recipes, and exclusive special offers.
A Natural Way To Address Dry, Chapped Lips
Want A Healthy Heart? Avoid This One Food 10/24/2016
Want A Cheap Way To Keep Your Body Healthy? Eat These
Feeling Anxious? Consider Trying Reflexology 10/23/2016
Does Cinnamon Have Health Benefits For Diabetics? 10/22/2016
|Click here to subscribe.|