This tip is courtesy of Dr. Weil on Healthy Aging – Your Online Guide to the Anti-Inflammatory Diet. Start your 14-day free trial now!
Want to promote healthy skin and proper digestion? Interested in a natural detoxifier? Water is a basic necessity. The body is more than two-thirds water, and keeping it hydrated is vital. Some reasons to sip H2O include:
- Healthy blood and bones. Your blood is over 80 percent water and your bones are over 50 percent water. Proper hydration is required to optimize creation of new blood and bone cells.
- Toxin elimination. Skip the fancy (and costly) detox plans. Plain water naturally helps remove toxins through the lymphatic system, intestines and kidneys.
- Lubricated joints. Water helps protect against wear and tear and can even help reduce joint pain.
- Proper digestion. Water helps prevent constipation by adding bulk to stools and fluid to the colon.
- Alertness. Even minor dehydration can lead to headaches, irritability, impaired concentration and fatigue. The human brain is 85 percent water; keeping it hydrated is essential for proper functioning.
- Healthy skin. Water hydrates from the inside out, helping to maintain elasticity of the skin.
The standard recommendation is to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses a day. I don’t believe there is solid evidence that such a high volume is essential for everyone; however, do drink throughout the day – this is easier if you keep a large glass or glass water bottle handy at all times. I have always recommended drinking high-quality water from a trustworthy source, or, if possible, getting a water-purification system for your home. If you are trying to wean yourself from soda, consider switching it out for sparkling water with a lime as a refreshing, healthful alternative. Learn more about quality drinking water.
Everyone's dietary needs are different based on a number of factors including lifestyle, diet, medications and more. To find out what vitamins you need, take the Weil Vitamin Advisor. This 3-step questionnaire requires just minutes to complete, and generates a free, no-obligation vitamin and nutritional supplement recommendation that is personalized to meet your unique nutritional needs.
What Makes the Anti-Inflammatory Diet Healthy?
From water as your main beverage source to the best cooking techniques, eating for your health doesn’t have to be challenging – with the right guidance. Dr. Weil on Healthy Aging has simple yet informative lists for shopping, preparing and cooking your foods. We cover the anti-inflammatory diet from A-Z – start your 14-day free trial today and save 30% when you join!
Do You Know Why You Need Vitamin K? Find Out!
Good News For Chocolate Lovers: Dark Chocolate Can Be Healthful! 08/29/2016
Are Mud Baths Safe Or Unhealthy? 08/28/2016
Does Your Pantry Hold The Keys To A Naturally Clean Home? 08/27/2016
Want To Increase Your Stamina? This Exercise Can Help! 8/24/2016
|Click here to subscribe.|