Feeling Low on Energy?
Persistent mild fatigue or a chronic lack of energy due to day-to-day stressors or hectic schedules can affect your productivity. Help address fatigue or lack of energy by keeping your blood sugar levels stable, getting enough rest and exercise, and considering these supplements and herbs:
- Magnesium and calcium. Oral magnesium supplementation has been shown to help reduce symptoms of fatigue, especially for those with low magnesium levels.
- Coenzyme Q10. This vital nutrient is involved in cellular energy production throughout the body.
- Cordyceps. A traditional Chinese medicinal fungus that may help fight fatigue and boost energy levels. It is used as an energizing tonic and to help increase aerobic capacity and endurance.
- D-Ribose. A five-carbon sugar used in the generation of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), it helps maintain energy production in cells and can be especially beneficial for those with chronic fatigue.
- Ginseng (American or Asian). Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng) and American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) are used for their stimulating and adaptogenic (stress-protective) properties, respectively.
- Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus). A woody shrub from northeastern Asia with properties similar to those of ginseng, it has a long history of use to maximize athletic performance. Studies show that eleuthero can help enhance mental activity as well.
- Arctic root (Rhodiola rosea). An adaptogenic herb that helps prevent fatigue, stress and the damaging effects of oxygen deprivation.
- Vitamin B complex. B-vitamins act as cofactors in many metabolic reactions and assist in the metabolism of carbohydrates into energy.
Take Your Health in Your Hands
Dr. Weil's Vitamin Advisor is a great way to start taking an active role in your own well-being. A few minutes are all it takes to learn what vitamins and supplements may benefit your lifestyle. Take Dr. Weil's Vitamin Advisor today: it is free, informative and helps provide the tools you need to practice preventive health. Visit today, and if you decide to purchase our supplements, save up to 25%.